Upcoming Webinar Fri 15 May
Safety & the Brain
Australian Institute of Health & Safety (AIHS) & DataDrivesInsight.com invite you to join us on Friday 15 May for a webinar presentation titled: Safety and the Brain- The role Neuroscience Plays in Safety Performance presented by our very own Abby Hunt.
You will leave this webinar with:
- An understanding of how your leadership style impacts the brain and performance outcomes
- A whole new perspective on your relationship and personal connection with safety
- Knowledge on the 4 most powerful factors proven to drive safety performance
- Knowledge of how to achieve safer outcomes in your workplace through creating a "safe brain" environment
Date: Friday 15 May
Time: 14:00 - 15:00 AEST
Format: Webinar: Login details will be sent out 1-2 days prior
Cost: AIHS Members - Complimentary, non-Members $30.00+GST
Click here to register.
REGISTRATIONS CLOSE 5:00 pm (AEST) on Wednesday 13 May.
Finding connection and avoiding loneliness during Covid-19
Loneliness is something we all grapple with at some point in our lives, and given the current climate of social distancing, working from home and isolation, it's really easy to feel a sense of loneliness and that we are losing connection with friends, colleagues and loved ones.
Last year, our very own Abby Hunt (Rammelkamp) caught up with Lou Forster at Chorus talking all things loneliness; what it means to feel lonely, missing that sense of connection, and some tips and advice to combat loneliness, and we thought it was really relevant for so many of us right now.
Take a listen to the Podcast Chorus Voices episode 28 part 1: What is loneliness and check out Abby's tips to combat loneliness below:
2. Keep a thought diary to help generate some awareness of your thoughts around loneliness and weigh up the benefits of those thoughts as well as the costs. If these thoughts aren't serving us, we can change them!
3. Be of service to others, it's impossible to feel lonely if you are doing something for others so have a think about what you can do to help and support other people at the moment, such as elderly relatives or neighbours.
4. Practice mindfulness or meditation, see the 'Wheel of Awareness' by Dan Seigel video below which is a really helpful tool to connect body & mind, and connect with other people as well.
Veraison Welcomes Tammie & Nicole
Welcome to the Veraison family Nicole Koelewijn and Tammie Miller!
Tammie joins us as a Performance Coach with over 20 years experience in the resources and government sector. Certified in Executive and Organisational coaching and Integrated Health coaching. She is passionate about supporting individuals and organisations realise their full potential and achieve their desired outcomes.
Nicole joins the team as our Assessment Coordinator / Performance Coach. As an accredited mediator, she has over 10 years experience in the corporate & public sector, focused on innovation and transformation projects. Nicole is an eternal student who thrives on gaining new insights and loves helping others do the same.
Welcome Tammie & Nicole!
New ISA 360 Self Development Guides have arrived!
Excited to announce these beauties are ready to be enjoyed! Our safety and leadership self development guides are jam-packed full of tips on shifting mindset and building skills to make our world just a little bit safer. Each ISA 360 (Integral Safety Assessment) participant gets one as part of their growth journey so that their learning continues well past the debrief and beyond!